Since its launch in Verdun in 1986, Toujours ensemble has offered summer day camps and activities in parks to young people aged 9 to 17. After surveying parents and taking some time to rethink the program, new summer activities were launched in 2019 to meet the needs of the community. To help as many young people as possible take part in our summer programming, we reviewed our format, lowered our rates, and now have unlimited spots.
The summer program is very similar to the Parcours Program. Our youths only have to register once to participate in any activity without having to sign up later, as they can simply come to the meeting point at the scheduled time. The activity leaders and staff members wait for them to do the activities and talk with them.
Toujours ensemble now offers to young people from Verdun a rich and diversified eight-week summer program (youth and teens) with one outing per week!
Summer program 2022 will run from June 27 to August 19.
Summer program 2022
- From April 4 to the end of summer
- Illimited places for both programmations (youth and teens)
- Open to all youth in the community
- Registration Fee : $25 for the summer (+ $10 for Fridays outing and $25 for the camping)
- Youth programmation (9 to 13 years old) : registration at the Carolyn Renaud center (4926 Verdun St.) with Marie-Josée of Chloé
- Teen programmation (young people who have completed a year of high school): registration at the Marcelle and Jean Coutu school perseverance center (601 2nd Ave.) with Audrey of Christine Loiselle.
Note : For outing registrations, the young people must have participated in at least one day during the week to register for the Friday outing.
Who : Young people between the ages of 9 to 13
Schedule : Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Supervised activities (games, sports, art and culture, etc.) organized at TE and other places where young people spend time
- One camping trip
- Every Friday: a special outing (e.g., La Ronde, water park) at a very low cost of about $10 per outing
* Each week, special activities are reserved for 6th grade graduates who will be entering high school (including a period reserved for them in the teen room).
Important information for parents:
- The children will have to move independently between the different places of activities around Toujours ensemble.
- There will be a week of camping during the summer. No activities will be offered in town that week.
Who : Teen who have completed a year of high school
Schedule : 4 days/week, variable schedule
- Young people participate in developing the schedule and choosing their activities and outings.
- Supervised activities designed exclusively for high school students (eg. volunteering, urban and cultural outings).
- A camping trip.
For more information, contact:
514-761-7867, extension 012
This program lets young people
Have positive experiences
Be physically active
Make friends and develop their social networks
Develop their independence and sens of responsibility
Improve their social skills
The camp helped my two boys develop their independence. This was the first time they managed on their own in the neighbourhood, and I think it was good for them. The variety of activities offered was also a plus. We also really liked the flexibility of the new format.
The activities were so cool. I had the best summer vacation ever.
… it enhances your self-confidence, sense of initiative, and responsibility.
TE staff are very kind and understanding about our ideas and opinions.